1 tablespoon cornmeal
1 loaf (1 lb) frozen honey-wheat or white bread dough, thawed as directed on package
36 fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley leaves
1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. Divide thawed dough into 12 equal portions.
- Shape each portion of dough into a ball. Place rolls on cookie sheet. Spray sheet of plastic wrap with cooking spray; place sprayed side down over rolls. Cover with towel. Let rise in warm place 45 to 60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, place rinsed parsley leaves on paper towels; pat dry. With kitchen scissors, cut stems from leaves.
- In custard cup, beat egg and water with fork. Brush mixture over top of each roll. Dip parsley leaves into egg mixture; place 3 leaves on top of each roll. Brush remaining egg mixture over parsley-topped rolls.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.