Total Time: 45 min
Yield: 4 servings
4 chicken breasts
4 half slices pineapple
6 slices old cheddar
1 green onions; chopped
2 tbsp unsalted butter or margarine
5 ml lime juice
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1 dozen toothpicks
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in the skillet
- Cut the chicken breasts as you can open them as a book
- Grill the chicken breasts in the skillet, about 4 minutes each side. Salt and pepper to your taste
- Cut the cheese slices in half, so it’s about the same size as the chicken breast
- Open carefully the chicken breast, and stuff them first with 2 half-slices of cheddar, then 1 half-slice of pineapple and then, finish with another half-slice of cheddar.
- Close them, make them hold with toothpicks
- Spread 1 tbsp of oil in baking dish and place the chicken on it.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the juice coming out of the chicken is clear
- About 5 minutes before the cooking is over, brown the green onions with the butter and the lime juice in a saucepan.
- Serve it over the chicken breasts.