2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup half-and-half cream
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth, optional
3 cups cubed cooked chicken
8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in
- flour; gradually add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in
- the cream, parsley, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and wine if desired. Fold
- in the chicken and spaghetti.
- Turn into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 8 servings.