My mother made this for us one night and my husband just loved it. I have not yet made this of them, but when I was looking through all the pages in my recipe book I seen this and it reminded me of that night.
2 lbs. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules (mom didn’t use this)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
29 oz can tomato sauce, divided
12 10-inch flour tortillas
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup water
2 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese (I say both)
12 black olives, sliced (or the whole can)
- Preheat oven to 375
- brown beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat; drain.
- Add coffee granules, seasoning and half the tomato sauce to beef mixture; set aside
- Spread each tortilla with cream cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup of beef mixture to each tortilla and fold over.
- Place folded tortillas in a greased 13″ x 9″ baking dish.
- Top with remaining beef mixture.
- In a bowl combine water and remaining tomato sauce; drizzle over tortillas. Sprinkle cheese and olives on top
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes until heated through.
Serves 6 to 8