This is a great twist on Mexican dinner night and gives you a chance to use those really big shell pasta.
2 lbs. ground beef
2 1-1/4 oz pkg taco seasoning
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, cubed
2 12 oz pkgs. jumbo pasta shells, uncooked
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup salsa
1 cup taco sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1-1/2 cup tortilla chips, crushed
Optional: sour cream, chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brown beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain.
- Add taco seasonings and cook according to package directions.
- Add cream cheese; stir to melt.
- Remove beef mixture to a bowl and chill for one hour.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain
- Toss shells with butter. Fill each shell with 3 tablespoons of beef mixture. Spoon salsa into a greased 13″ x 9″ baking pan; place shells on top of salsa and cover with taco sauce.
- Baked covered for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated
Serves 4 to 6