I just love turkey and wild rice so why not have them both. It has always been my belief that turkey is not just for Thanksgiving it should be served year round.
1 cup wild rice, uncooked
1/3 cup green onion, chopped
1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
5 tablespoons butter
10 inch deep-dish pie crust
1/2 lb. deli smoked turkey, diced
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup half-and-half
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside
- Sauté onion and red peppers until crisp-tender.
- In pie-crust, layer turkey, onion mixture, cheese and rice.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; pour over rice.
- Bake uncovered at 400 for 20, then reduce heat to 325 and bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Serves 6 to 8