The first time I had Gnocchi was at a William-Sonoma cooking class years ago. Rusty the chef for that class showed us how to make them, which resulted in me buying a potato ricer. I have since tried to make them and have failed each time. But have also found out that there are cooking classes that are dedicated to just making them so I don’t feel so bad about it. I do use the ricer, there is nothing like using it to make potatoes that are smooth and lump free. This recipes calls for frozen gnocchi, but you can use the ones in a package that is not frozen.
1 lb. ground pork sausage
16 ox. pkg frozen gnocchi
26 ox jar pasta sauce (I like the sweet tomato sauce)
1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Brown sausage in a skillet over medium heat, drain.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions, drain
- In a greased 2 quart casserole dish, combine all ingredients except one cup cheese
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.