8 boneless chicken breasts (about 5 1/4 ounces each)
1 3/4 cups milk, divided
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon butter
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 × 9-inch baking pan.
- Arrange chicken in single layer in prepared baking pan.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups milk, the flour, eggs and salt in a medium bowl. Beat at high speed until blended. Add oil and tarragon to egg mixture and mix well. Pour over chicken in baking pan.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of meat registers 180°F, about 65 minutes.
- Drain mushrooms. Heat the butter in a small saucepan until melted. Stir in the mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Add remaining milk and soup and mix well. Cook, stirring continually, until heated through and of sauce consistency. Serve with chicken.