- Place 1/4 cup butter in medium microwave-safe bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap. Heat on HIGH about 50 to 60 seconds or until completely melted. Add undiluted soup, sour cream, onion and salt to butter; mix well.
- Peel potatoes; cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Combine potatoes and cheese in slow cooker. Pour soup mixture into slow cooker; mix well. Sprinkle stuffing mix over potato mixture.
- Place remaining butter in small microwave-safe bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap. Heat on HIGH 40 to 45 seconds or until melted. Drizzle butter over stuffing mix in slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours or on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until hot and bubbly and potatoes are tender. Store leftovers, covered, in refrigerator.
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoon butter, divided
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted
8 ounces sour cream
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
2 pounds potatoes
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 to 2 cups stuffing mix