- 9 ounces fresh linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup vertically sliced fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add shrimp, fennel, and shallots; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- 3. Stir in rind and next 3 ingredients (through salt). Stir in reserved cooking liquid; cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add pasta and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon ricotta.
Ivy Manning, Cooking Light
I don’t care for fennel so I actually leave it out