- 3 oranges
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 14 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne (dressing)
- black pepper
- 28 oz breasts halves (boneless skinless chicken)
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch arugula (stemmed and thoroughly cleaned)
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano (stripped of leaves then chopped)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 slices crusty bread
- Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill on high.
- Zest 2 of the 3 oranges and put the orange zest in a large, shallow dish. Juice half an orange and add to the zest.
- To the zest and juice, add the garlic, 3 Tbs olive oil, 1/4 t. cayenne, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts, toss to coat thoroughly, and let marinate for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, with a paring knife cut the skin and white pith from the 2 remaining whole oranges, being sure to remove it all. Slice the oranges into disks and place in a salad bowl.
- Cut the radicchio in quarters through the core, cut the core off from each quarter, and then thinly shred the radicchio and add to the oranges.
- Add the red onions and arugula.
- To make the dressing, juice the other half orange into a small bowl and add the pinch of cayenne, the oregano, honey, and mustard. In a slow, steady stream, whisk in the 4 remaining Tbs of olive oil.
- Transfer the marinated chicken to the grill and cook on each side for 5 to 6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for a few minutes. Lightly toast the bread.
- Thinly slice the grilled chicken on an angle, add to the salad, and then pour the dressing over. Toss to combine and serve with the toasted bread.