- Cook pasta using package directions; drain. Rinse with cool water; drain again. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook the beef and onion in hot oil, stirring continually, just until beef is slightly pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, yellow squash, zucchini and garlic to beef mixture. Sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are heated through. Stir in salt, oregano and black pepper.
- Place equal portions of the pasta on 6 to 8 serving plates. Spoon portions of beef mixture over pasta and toss lightly.
16 ounces angel hair pasta
2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
2 pounds beef sirloin, thinly sliced
1 large red onion, sliced
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 each medium yellow summer squash and medium zucchini, sliced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon black pepper