With Spring here the days are still cool for a while and so are the nights. But this is light enough even for late spring and early summer. Pair it with a green salad with a vinaigrette dressing and it would be a perfect dinner.
8 ounces wide noodles
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
4 tablespoons butter, divided
6 medium mushrooms, cut into quarters
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon ketchup
- Cook the noodles using the package directions; drain well. Cover to keep warm.
- Mix 4 tablespoons flour with the salt and black pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Cook chicken in the butter, stirring frequently, until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes. Remove chicken and vegetables with a slotted spoon to a bowl and reserve pan juices in skillet.
- Add remaining flour and butter and the dry mustard to reserved pan juices and mix well. Gradually stir in broth. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Stir in sour cream and ketchup.
- Return chicken and vegetables to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through; do not boil. Place noodles on a heated serving platter. Spoon chicken mixture over the noodles.