Even though right now you can’t always get the fresh berries this is great with frozen ones.
1 (10-ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 quart vanilla ice cream
1 cup sour cream
6 sprigs fresh mint, optional for garnish
- Drain raspberries, reserving syrup. Combine the reserved syrup with enough water to measure 1 cup.
- Combine granulated sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan and mix well. Stir in raspberry syrup mixture and sliced strawberries.
- Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring continually, until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in raspberries and lemon juice. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Reserve 6 tablespoons of the raspberry sauce.
- Spoon one-third of remaining raspberry sauce into bottom of 6 parfait or sundae glasses. Top each with a scoop of ice cream. Add a second layer of raspberry sauce and top with the sour cream. Spoon remaining raspberry sauce over sour cream and top with a second scoop of ice cream.
- Drizzle parfaits with reserved raspberry sauce. Garnish with mint, if desired