- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 2 quarts water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add macaroni. Boil until tender, about 10 minutes; drain well.
- Shred Cheddar. Whisk egg in a large bowl. Add cottage cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir in Cheddar.
- Fold macaroni into cheese mixture gently; mix well. Spoon macaroni mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake until the mixture is bubbly and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
1 (7-ounce) package elbow macaroni
8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese
1 large egg
1 cup small curd cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley; optional