This is a great thing to have on hand. There are so many things you can do with it. Tarts, the base of lemon cake and candies. It is just a great thing to have and easy to whip up a batch.
2 cups granulated sugar
6 large eggs
1/2 cup lemon juice
4 tablespoons butter
- Beat granulated sugar and eggs in a medium bowl with an electric mixer set at high speed until blended.
- Pour egg mixture into top of a double boiler set over medium-high heat. Stir in lemon juice and butter.
- Cook, stirring continually, until thickened.
- Spoon the lemon curd into 3 sterilized 1/2-pint jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Seal with 2-piece lids.
- Makes 1 1/2 pints. Store lemon curd in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.