2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 (16 ounce) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Grease large baking sheet; set aside. Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat until foamy. Add chopped onion and paprika; cook until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat.
- Spray work surface with nonstick cooking spray. Roll thawed dough into a 14 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Spread onion mixture on one side of dough. Fold dough over onion mixture to make a 14 x 6-inch rectangle.
- Pinch 14-inch edge of dough to seal over onion mixture. Using a pastry wheel, cut dough into 14 lengthwise dough strips.
- Gently twist one dough strip two times and place on prepared baking sheet. Press down both ends of dough strip on baking sheet to prevent curling. Repeat with remaining dough strips.
- Cover twists with towel. Let twists rise in warm place until double in size, about 40 minutes. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake twists until golden, about 15 to 18 minutes. Serve immediately.