2 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons butter
Salt, black pepper and paprika
1 1/4 cups milk
Fresh thyme, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Gently scrub potatoes under running water with vegetable brush; rinse well. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices on waxed paper and sprinkle with flour, tossing to coat.
- Grease a 9-inch round baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter. Layer one-third of potatoes in dish; sprinkle with salt, black pepper and paprika to taste. Dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Repeat layers two times.
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat just until hot. Do not boil.
- Carefully pour hot milk over potatoes. Sprinkle potatoes with salt, black pepper and paprika. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake potatoes for about 35 minutes. Uncover and bake until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.