6 ounces corkscrew pasta
1 tablespoon butter
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 (12 1/4-ounce) can tuna, drained
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 (2-ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cook corkscrew pasta according to package directions. Drain; cover. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Using wire whisk, stir together chicken broth, milk and flour in small bowl until well blended. Stir into mushroom mixture; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in tuna, peas, pimientos and thyme. Add pasta to tuna mixture and stir.
- Spread pasta mixture evenly in prepared casserole. Bake until bubbly and heated through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.