- 2 (16-ounce) packages prepared gnocchi (such as Gia Russa)
- 5 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1.5 ounces shaved fresh pecorino Romano cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 1. Cook gnocchi in a large Dutch oven according to package directions. Add broccoli during last minute of cooking; cook 1 minute. Drain.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and oil; cook 7 minutes or until butter browns. Add gnocchi mixture and pepper to pan; toss to coat. Spoon about 1 1/2 cups gnocchi mixture into each of 6 shallow bowls. Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons pine nuts and about 2 teaspoons cheese.
Carolyn Tesini, Cooking Light