1 bar (4 oz) bittersweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup (1 Stick) butter
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, making sure some of the foil hangs over the sides. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Chop the bittersweet chocolate into small pieces. Place the chocolate, butter and cocoa powder in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High until the chocolate and butter are melted. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place the sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Add the chocolate mixture, stirring to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Sift in the flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan. Bake brownies for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from oven.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the brownies. Return brownies to over for 1 minute. Remove from oven; allow the pan to sit for 1 minute. Lift brownies out of the pan (using the foil for handles). Spread the chocolate chips over the brownies for a marbled effect. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.